How did I live before internet access? Apparently, I had a lot more time and was much more productive. I've learned this in the two days that I've spent without having the opportunity to get online.
2009 has been an interesting year thus far. I've had many mini-crises in my head and an actual real crisis yesterday involving icy roads and late buses and a missed interview that was (thankfully) rescheduled. (I learned from this fiasco, though, that it is best to not travel to one's interview the same day and have changed my travel plans accordingly.) Aaagh. Have I mentioned that I now hate the match? I swear that it is designed to test the mental health of med students prior to entering that stressful intern year. I will win this battle, though.
What else have I learned in the first days of 2009? That I eat when I'm stressed. Sour cream and onion chips. I'm feeling a strange sense of deja-vu. I think I should take up yoga instead... and in a strange coincidence, my better half gave me a yoga DVD and a yoga ball for Christmas. I should pull it out tonight. I think I need it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I have a real internet addiction problem... it's easy for me to admit, not so easy to curb my addiction... there are worse things though, right?
You and me both, sister. I can't imagine living without it!
Hi Amy,
Sorry that you had to go into internet withdrawal while at the house. I understand. I feel that way in the spring when I am there before we turn it back on.
I hope the remaining interviews and meetings go well this week and that you are safe somewhere tonight. The weather sounds pretty ugly for the morning.
I may have another delay! Take care and be in touch when you can.
:)Marianne
I like to get one but don't stay on the internet long. I don't tolerate reading anything on the computer well. Especially when I'm breathing anti-bug spray; we just had Terminex spray today as I don't like ants.
Sounds like the weather isn't so nice for you out there. Drive safely! I'm glad you were able to reschedule your interview and are safe!
I don't know what I would do without my internet! I think I would give up my car before I gave up the internet...and that's saying a lot for me!
So, when do you hear where you'll be doing your internship- and when does it start? I know it's stressful for you, but it seems so exciting to me! :)
BTW, I have to ask. Does your blog set-up reflect any part of your personality? Because I picture you to be very neat and organized. I imagine you are confident and know what you're working toward in life. You're a perfectionist. You're a go-getter- you don't wait for things to happen- you make them happen...that's how I picture you based solely on the look of your blog. Am I right??? I will be pleased if I am. :D
sorry .. I was reading Laura's comment about being neat and organized and it reminded me of the time that you left me alone in Iowa (when you were in the house) and I cleaned your room for you and organized all your bills and papers. Hee hee. I was so pleased with my efforts. And how excited you were. ;-)
Laura, I think that's a good assessment; I will be curious what she says. :) [Heh. She is organized and relatively neat; I just remember her living at home - when she said there was no point in being organized because I was just going to re-do it anyway, LOL. Because I am neat and organized in the anal-perfectionist sense, while she is neat and organized in the realistic sense.]
Holly - there are worse things to be addicted to... like chips. :)
Leanne - yay! I'm not the only one.
Marianne - I was quite productive so it was good... and relaxing. I'm guessing you had a delay today.
Laura - I do get headaches when I stay on the internet too long, I've noticed.
Laura K - "Match day" is in March - all med students find out on the same day. It's a computerized process. It is nice to be at this stage but I'll be happy when I'm done. Residency starts in July... I would love to be neat and organized in real life and aspire to that, but I'm actually not... it's true what Lib said. She's much better than me. I do like to throw things away. That's how I stay organized. I try to limit my possessions. :)
Katherine also wanted me to post a caveat that I not only throw away my things, but I throw away her things as well. Yes, it's true. But she never notices anyway, so... what's the harm? :) My theory is... if you don't miss it, you don't need it.
But someday I might need it . . . and miss it. Trust me, the time will come when I will need my basketball shoes from high school. THEN you'll be sorry.
-K
Me, too.. *sigh* I figure at least I'm interacting with other people instead of being parked in front of the TV or something.
Post a Comment