Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The quoteboard

In my lab, we have a quoteboard on which we write amusing quotes by members of the lab, that, especially when read out of context, are quite hilarious. For the most part, they are unfit for respectable company, so I would not post them here. But, I've often thought that we should have a quoteboard at home because I live with quite the witty companion.

Take tonight for example.... Katherine was dancing around, fresh off of her Hip-hop abs workout session... so I was teasing her that this hip-hop workout might be giving her a hip-hop attitude. Her response was that "It just brings out my inner girl-from-the-streets." Hee hee. If you know where Katherine grew up... quaint, New Englandy, one-street Deerfield... combining that with "girl-from-the-streets" is just too hilarious.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

Maybe she meant to say that it brings out her "inner girl from the street". Heh.

Anonymous said...

Kath finally learned some sass and witticism. It's been a long road, but we got her there eventually.

Leanne said...

I totally thought of you guys this morning. Neither of you know me very well, but reading this post, I can assure you that I'm likely as "street" as Katherine. But this morning I put on my brand new RUN DMC sweatshirt I bought at Target yesterday. And realized what an incredible poser I am. And how thrilled I am with this super cool sweatshirt that I scored for $4.98. (Truth is, I LOVE the MTV show Run's House. I do not plan to watch the spinoff Daddy's Girls, though, because it's the little boys on that show that I love, not the girls as much). More than you bargained for this morning... :)