Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Perfect Storm

You know what happens when you live with your sisters or your girlfriends and your cycles all sync up and you're all craving chocolate and feeling moody...

As Katherine put it tonight, "It's the perfect storm."

I blew up and she blew up, and we both took turns crying and apologizing. But afterwards, I told Katherine that "I feel so much better."

Sometimes, you just need a good cry. (I swear this is why women, in general, have longer lifespans than men. My theory is that PMS forces our emotions out whether we like it or not.)

Of course, this was already after we had gone to a screening of the documentary "The Times of Harvey Milk", at which I had found myself excessively sniffling (luckily I was just one of an entire choir of snifflers). So, you can imagine how red my eyes and nose are now...

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Nothing as refreshing as a good, hard cry. Man, I sleep so well after that! It is healing, glad you got it out!

Elizabeth Halt said...

I'm glad you got it out.

Now, if you were following my advice and eating the egg soup with cane sugar during your cycle, I feel quite sure that the moodiness would not be an issue. ;-)

Amy said...

Leanne - that is true. I always wonder why I'm so tired after a very emotional movie, but it makes so much sense.

Lib - No thank you! I do not mind my increased lability of mood for such a short time.

Shamrock said...

Well, it happens with everyone in any relationship. Sometimes, things just need to be said, tears shed, and hugs given. No matter what time of the month. It can strengthen what you have. So, you and Kath are stronger today for yesterday. :)

Anonymous said...

I am the eye of my own perfect storm this week. I think I need to stub my toe and cry it out.

I'm glad you can both let it out, see it for what it is, and move on.