Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Mini-Loser Challenge

Katherine and I are having a 3 month-long weight loss challenge, beginning tomorrow, modeled off of The Biggest Loser. We will weigh in tomorrow morning and have weekly, monthly, and a final 3 month prize for the "biggest loser" based upon our weight-loss percentage. The 3 month prize will be a luxurious massage at a local lifestyle spa.

I'm very excited. I think that I finally have figured out how to best channel Kath's competitive spirit and my general ambivalence about competition into a mutually beneficial weight-loss program.

Of course, I did lay down the law... Tempting the competition with chips or other such tasty treats will not be considered fair play and will result in forfeiture of future prizes. Unless the competition wants to be tempted.

5 comments:

Shamrock said...

Good Luck! :)

Lorz said...

Sounds awesome! Davin and I should do that- we're trying to lose weight together, and this sounds fun! I don't usually put 'losing weight' and fun in the same sentence! :)

Leanne said...

OOh, can I play? :)

Good luck to both of you!

Elizabeth Halt said...

I like the luxurious massage part. Can I join in for that bit of it? You'd just need to wait an extra week or so. :)

I'll give the non-winner a reiki session to help ease any feelings of sadness they might have. ;-)

Amy said...

My philosophy is trying to achieve a goal is to reward yourself along the way... :)

Lib - Katherine just said that she had better win... after hearing what the loser will win as a consolation prize. :)