Saturday, January 17, 2009

I need something warm.

These days, when the temps are hovering below zero for what seems like an interminable length of time, I find myself longing for sun, crackling fires, warm sand, beach towels...

So, when Katherine asked me what my music suggestions were the other day, I said "anything warm," which led to listening to Cat Stevens. This led to a discussion last night about whether our songs in iTunes were "warm or cold". These are some of our conclusions....

Warm:
Lose Yourself by Eminem
Sand in My Shoes by Dido
Original Sin by Elton John
Boston by Augustana
No More Valentines by Elton John
Perfect Love by Marc Cohn

Cold:
Here (In Your Arms) by Hellogoodbye
Push by Sarah McLachlan
Life for Rent by Dido
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses by U2

We disagreed about Clocks by Coldplay. Kath thinks it's warm; I think it's cold. But we agreed that individual artists can have both warm and cold songs... even on the same album. In general, I was surprised at how much we agreed on this nebulous classification scheme.

1 comment:

Shamrock said...

Just stay cozy! -20 this morning at the Rousseau's in Pittsfield. Too cold! I am glad that the cold weather coincided with your time off. Kath sounded really happy that she had this week to "hang" with you. With the busy schedules you both usually have, I am glad that you had this week together. :)