Friday, January 16, 2009

You know it's cold when....

... you have not changed your clothes for 3 days because it's too cold to enter the closet as a result of the air leaking in around the air conditioner.

... you take hot showers just so your feet can reach normal body temperature for a few glorious minutes... even though you haven't been outside in 3 days.

... you have spent the past 24 hours huddled on the couch under two blankets and 3 kitties watching a Lord of the Rings marathon because school is cancelled and if you venture outside for more than 10 minutes you will die... at least that's my interpretation.

Yay for the coming balmy weekend... temps in the 20s!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

that is cold!

you should definitely stay inside.

maybe until may.

Lorz said...

Seriously, the temps this week bordered on criminal! My sis is getting married tomorrow and we are thrilled that it's supposed to heat up to a balmy 17 degrees! ...I say this ALL the time, but this girl does not belong in Minnesota- I HATE COLD.

Oh, and I so badly wanted to post a quote on your previous post. I have heard so many priceless ones like that, but now I can't think of one! But just listening to hip hop gets me thinking I'm all gangsta! I look ridiculous dancing to it, but I don't care because it's FUN! :D