"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..."
At times, grasping the significance of this day seems impossible. Listening to Barack Obama's speech on Election night brought it home, and I suspect that listening to his inaugural address will have the same effect. Even just watching the crowds milling about on the Mall, wanting to be present on this day, fills me with such a feeling of hope, inspiration, and a belief in the power of the American democracy.
I think that I will need a box of Kleenex when I watch the inauguration this morning.
And, this may be silly, but I'm also very excited to see Michelle Obama's inaugural gown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well, I'm excited to see the gown too. :)
I wonder if I can watch the inaugural speech. Hmmm .. I think they're playing it at work somewhere.
Leanne's clearly hasn't been by here yet, as I'm a certain she also wants to see what Michelle is wearing. :D
Have fun watching the inauguration! (I'll be volunteering that the hospital- they might frown on me watching in a patient's room). ???
I haven't seen her ball gown yet, but she looked lovely in that shade of yellow at the inauguration, no?
And I'm with you on the weepy. I put on my FB page that I should have skipped the eye makeup today.
We watched it with our first clients of the day. One or two spent the whole time shaking their heads; most of the PT staff was grinning ear to ear.
Post a Comment