Yay - it's 2008! I am already looking forward to this new year, full of opportunities and possibilities.
This past week, I:
1. Celebrated a wonderful Christmas with Katherine and her family in Massachusetts - not at Cape Cod, as pipes burst there two days before Christmas, but at snowy, cozy New England-y Deerfield.
2. Spent two unplanned nights in Detroit after missed connections both to and from New England - let's see... on the way out... two missed connections, one turn-around over DC, Hartford instead of Providence as our final destination, missing luggage for 3 days.... on the way back.... missed connection by inches, flown to Omaha instead of Des Moines, drove home 4 hours from Omaha after deciding the airplane gods were cursing us, missing luggage for only 1 day.
3. Learned to knit while sitting in the airport. On the flight that headed to Omaha after fog in Des Moines, I told Katherine... "Look how calm and meditative I'm being because I'm knitting. But notice how my stitches are getting tighter and tighter."
4. Made yummy seafood risotto from the Weight Watchers cookbook - definitely does not taste like diet food. :)
5. Welcomed in the new year last night with Joe and Kath - dinner at our house (balsamic chicken and lemon pasta - Giada recipes), dessert at Givanni's (molten chocolate souffle), and great mellow music by Euforquestra at the Mill.
2008 has already been a great year. :) It's snowy, cozy, and I am home with my three little kitties and my favorite human.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy 2008 ! Glad you had a good NYE !
p.s. weren't you going to send me that recipe? I could use a new risotto recipe.
p.p.s. Lisa's husband emailed me to say that he doubts it's Wobbler's Syndrome. Apparently one of their weims gets a pinched nerve on his lower neck occasionally and 1-2 chiro visits usually fixes it. So finding one *was* a good idea - and you guys chuckled. ;-)
Post a Comment