I'm alone tonight as Kath and Joe went to see The Kite Runner. I didn't want to go because I didn't want to go through an entire box of Kleenex during the movie. I had a hard enough time reading the book (excellent, but tragic and heart-wrenching). I'll wait until it comes out on DVD.
Why do some people feel more emotion when reading a book or watching a movie than others? I often wonder if it's related to mirror neurons (neurons that fire equally whether an individual is performing an action or watching an action), but I don't know that it would explain it. Just because an individual doesn't cry when reading a sad book doesn't mean that they lack empathy in general.... so maybe it has more to do with one's ability to disconnect from reality...
I guess it's one of the mysteries of life. Whatever it is, it is what causes me to gravitate towards romantic comedies when I'm looking for movies...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
in case you don't see my comment on facebook .. ;-)
go and rent tortilla soup
it will make you want to walk directly into the kitchen and start cooking! i am muy inspired.
Is P.S. I Love You good? It's on my dvd "to watch" list for when it comes out.
Post a Comment