Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lighten up us

Kath and I joined Lighten Up Iowa today. It's supposed to motivate us to make healthy changes in our eating and exercise habits. I think it will.

I am worried, however, that it will give Katherine more of a free rein to regulate my chip eating. The thing is, we're a team. And we all know how competitive Katherine is.

I can just see it now. She will be trying to pry the chip bag out of my tightly clenched fingers while I cry, "Please just one. I haven't eaten in days." Her reply, "We need to increase our weight loss percentage. You'll just have to suffer."

No. I'm sure that won't happen. But, if I don't post for a week or so... maybe you should call and check on me. :)

6 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

I say, go katherine! throw those sour cream chips far far away!

what's Lighten Up Iowa? a state-wide weight loss competition?

Unknown said...

This sounds interesting! I can hear you now :) Good luck!

Amy said...

It's a statewide 100 day weightloss/healthy lifestyle challenge. it should be good.

Unknown said...

Democratic Party rules prohibit states other than Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina from holding nominating contests before Feb. 5.

What kind of rule is this? This is probably why Wyoming Democrats didn't hold their primary the same date as the Republicans.

Unknown said...

individual, predoctoral National Research Service Award from the National Institutes
of Health

A website said you won this? What is it? When? It sounds big.

Amy said...

That NRSA award is my fellowship that I applied for 2 years ago... it's been funding my salary for the past 1.5 years - it ends in July. It is "big" in the sense that funding is the name of the game in science. So, getting an individual predoctoral fellowship during grad school will help me later on when I apply for funding for my research. But yes, it is competitive.

That could be true in regards to Wyoming and the Democratic primary. Do you know when you vote?

Also... p.s. i love you was very good. i'd recommend it... but you'll need a bit of kleenex as it has it's moments.