Sunday, January 6, 2008

Favorite day?

I was thinking this morning about my favorite days in my life....

the two times that Katherine and I spent in P-town (Provincetown, MA) top the list. I love P-town. It is one of my most favorite places in the whole world. It's an artists' colony on the tip of Cape Cod... tourism hot spot in the summer... lots of art shops... lots of great restaurants... beaches everywhere.... friendly, welcoming place. I can't wait until we can go back... maybe after I graduate. :)

the beach days spent on Bete Gris with the fam and G&G also top the list. I love Bete Gris. My favorite beach in the UP - probably in the whole world, really. We would spend all day there, soaking up the sun, reading, eating, swimming in the amazingly warm water for Lake Superior.... I don't know when I'll get back there, but one day.

It's strange, though. I never think I'm a summer person, but my favorite days clearly involve summer and beaches.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I definitely remember those beach days fondly, but I do not miss the deer flies!

Elizabeth Halt said...

but you probably would've liked P-town even if it wasn't summer, right?

I don't know if I could do days. I could do moments, but .. I guess a few days that come to mind immediately are:

- the day we visited York and listened to the choir in the Minster (this was you or Jen, can't remember)
- the day spent touring the Isle of Skye
- the day I saw 'David'
- yup, beach days on Bete Gris
- days spent at the ocean or Fort Funston, just watching Atlas run free
- the weekend camping north of Duluth
...

Amy said...

oh yes... I forgot about England... you and I heard the choir... oh, the Isle of Skye was up there too...