I messed up in my Christmas questionnaire. My favorite Christmas movies, in the correct order are:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Love Actually (we just watched it last night for the first time this year- well, Kath watched it - I ended up napping), Bridget Jones' Diary, and White Christmas (Katherine reminded me of my love of Nat'l Lampoon's the other day when she was reading my blog - how could I forget it!). For a fun day, do a marathon of them!
We went out for our annual Christmas dinner at our favorite Iowa City restaurant - Taste on Melrose. This is how we know it's really time for Christmas, as we are both so busy up until school lets out for the break. Our dinner is a nice time to sit back, enjoy each other, and relax after all of the end of the semester stress. I hope we continue this tradition for a long time. I don't think life ever gets any less busy.
I think my New Year's resolution should be to get things mailed on time. I am mailing the last of our Christmas boxes today. I mailed two on Thursday, so hopefully my two faithful readers (you probably can guess who you are) get their packages on Monday. Also, our cards are going out today.
Katherine's taking the car to do some shopping today, so I'm doing laundry while watching ABC Family Christmas classics. :) I am also bonding with our little kitty-girls as they have been missing out on quality cuddling time lately. Puck, especially, seems to get crankier when she doesn't get her cuddling. Whenever I see that in her, I think.... hmmm... people probably get like that too... when we get so busy that forget to express our love for one another.
So, my Christmas wish for everyone is that you have an opportunity to share your love with the people and animals in your life - after all, isn't that the reason for Christmas... God's love for us in the form of His Son. :)
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I finished watching Nat'l Lampoon's Xmas Vacation last night. I realized it's like The Princess Bride. Every time someone mentions that it's a great movie, I think, "Hmmm .. I've never seen it. I should watch it." and then I watch it and realize that I've seen it before. Which I guess means that I don't like it as much as 'they' do. And it took me 4 days to watch the Christmas Vacation one - so you probably like it more than I.
Sadly, I won't get my package on Monday unless it's teeny-tiny and fits in my mailbox. The office is closed - and that's where the mail guy drops off packages. Oh well ..
Merry Christmas to you also! Shaun and I got home from Bozeman today, and there was your package waiting outside the door. We'll open it on Christmas.
Taking that time to forget everything else and just be with your special someone is precious. I took Friday off for a "just because" day. We ended up going to Bozeman for the night; it was nice to get away and into a city that is not Billings.
Hope you enjoyed your quiet time with the kitties, also. I think our fish like it better when we aren't home; they are too jumpy when we are around!
Hooray. Illegal immigrants are slowly leaving Arizona. I hope other states follow suit and pass similar legislation!
I got a package! Yippee! Can I open it now??
Merry Christmas, Amy!
I do enjoy Nat'L Lampoon's Christmas... and I laugh out loud every time I see it. Sometimes I shake my head at the goofiness of it, but I do like it. :) John and I watched it last night as we wrapped the kids' "Santa" gifts. 'Twas fun.
Now, on this "Twas the night before Christmas..." I am working all alone, as there are currently no babes and new mommies. So, as much as I'd love to be enjoying my family and doggie, I am all by my lonesome, feeling just a tad sorry for myself (not too bad... I could be worse off!). But, I am reflecting on the meaning of Christmas and I am now going to go read the Christmas Story in the Good Book, which I brought along. :)
Christmas Blessings to you and Katherine.
Post a Comment