I came across the questionnaire, and it was fun.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper and ribbon. I love to wrap. One year, Kath told me that they would make me unwrap all of my gifts if I wrapped them before flying, so I did, then unwrapped them, and then rewrapped them once I got to Massachusetts. Double the fun. :)
2. Real tree or artificial?
Real. I love the smell. And it's too full so the kitties can't climb it. Ty and Puck were wee little things and spent many happy hours hanging out in Katherine's first artificial tree the first year we got them.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually Thanksgiving weekend. This year, since Thanksgiving was so early, we waited until the next weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Usually after New Year's.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes. I don't have it that often, though.
6. Favorite gift received?
Hmmm. I don't know. I love most things I receive. Katherine got me a Bose 3 years ago, though, and at the time I had no way to play cds, so probably that. Probably one of the funniest gifts was a "fake Ty" that Ty, our kitty, gave me.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. The wise men also make the trek to the manger during the course of the season. Which means they move across the room.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
No one. I generally think of something.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Katherine. I can think of umpteen million things.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards.
Mail. It's a fun thing to do during the Christmas season in the evenings.
11. Favorite Christmas movie.
Bridget Jones's Diary and White Christmas.
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually I buy at least one gift in the summer.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift?
I don't think so.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Pumpkin raisin cookies.
15. White lights or colored on the tree?
Colored.
16. Favorite Christmas song?
Mantovani - all of them.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We always go to visit Kath's family on Cape Cod.
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel.
20. Open the presents Christmas eve or morning?
Christmas morning, after church. Stockings are before church.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Nothing. I love it all. It's my favorite time of year and has always been.
22. What I love most about Christmas?
How the true meaning of Christmas permeates my whole life at this time of year, even through all of the commercialism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I like the idea of the wise men moving across the room; where did that come from?
This year I thought about making Christmas cookies, but that was it. I may try sweet bread, though; on my couple days off. I do miss that treat. What I would really like is an excellent sugar cookie recipe; I am quite picky about my sugar cookies.
I remember you getting up very early this time of year to sit down by the tree and just rock. It's a comforting memory, almost.
Wish you could see our wonderfully strewn lights. We strung them around from random hook to random hook in the ceiling. I do like it, though.
Have a wonderful time with your family!
Hi Laura,
Kath's family did that tradition - her father, I believe. I want to try to make sweet bread or cinnamon rolls one of these days. Do you have that recipe?
We don't have a rocking chair, so I can't do that anymore. :)
Ceiling lights are nice. Any lights are nice. When I didn't have a tree in my old apartment, I didn't really miss it with the lights. Just buy a Yankee candle, Christmas wreath scent, and you'll swear you have a tree. :)
My goal is to mail out cards/presents this coming Monday. I have a lot to do.
I do have that recipe; it's supposed to be the same one to make either the sweet bread or the cinnamon buns. Mom gave me it for the bread and said to call when I needed help on the buns. I will try to remember to email that to you, probably after work today.
Figured I would do it now:
Sweet Bread (3-4 loaves)
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 cups very warm milk (120-130 deg)
2 envelopes dry yeast
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp salt
7 1/2 - 7 3/4 cups flour
1 stick margarine
Beat eggs and sugar until thick and foamy. Add yeast, cardamom, salt, and 4 cups of flour. Keep beating well and add margarine. Change to dough hook, or knead in by hand the rest of the flour until dough comes off the hands and edges. Put dough into buttered bowl and turn over in the bowl. Cover w/towel. Let rise in warm place about 1-1.5 hrs or until double in size. Turn onto lightly buttered table and form into braids. Place on buttered baking sheet (or bread pans) and let rise 3/4 hour. Bake @ 375 deg for 25-30 min.
But she didn't tell me about the drizzled topping...powdered sugar and something?
*smile* I know you even a little better. :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS, Amy and Katherine! God bless you both as we remember what we are truly celebrating... the birth of our Lord and Savior, of course. :)
Post a Comment