Kath and I went for a walk this afternoon to enjoy the beautiful warm weather. We ended up in a neighborhood that was new to us... a quiet, homey area with a mix of cute little houses and giant bohemoths. We love looking at houses and imagining what our first house will be like. One of our major no-nos is a split-level. We've made that decision already.
Then, to top it off, we enjoyed a great springy dinner... Barefoot Contessa chicken (marinated in a paste of chopped rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil.. plus salt and pepper), balsamic broccoli (also from the Contessa), and tomato, basil, and mozzarella salad... it was so yummy.
We were supposed to have thunderstorms today, but no such luck. I'm hoping for tonight. I do love spring in Iowa... the budding trees and flowers... and the thunderstorms.
Kath is watching basketball, and I'm doing some reading for Tuesday. The kitties are all sound asleep on the couches. It's a peaceful spring evening in our little home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How was the Easter dinner? It sounds like parts of it have potential. :) I do love a good thunderstorm. Winter is trying to hold on here, but the "snow" doesn't last more than 1 minute each time.
how was the chicken cooked? baked?
G O O D L U C K tomorrow - not that you need it, of course! You will do fabulously, just as you do everything. And remember to call me with the good word, because I shall be waiting all day! :-)
Post a Comment