Katherine discovered that the indoor tennis center, located just a 15 minute walk from our house, has a cardio/weight room that is covered on our semester gym pass. We went there today to work out, and it was great. Instead of the old, stuffy, busy weight room with packed cardio equipment and buff, intimidating looking guys in muscle-shirts using all of the weights, it was a bright, window-filled, airy partition with older (grad student looking) users and plenty of free cardio equipment. And new weight-lifting equipment. This is going to be a huge boost to my motivation to work out. Now, we can just walk down there after Kath gets home from school, or I can head down early in the morning. In the past, it just seemed like such a hassle to drive into the gym in the evenings and pay to park in the garage, and then have a hard time finding equipment to use because everyone likes to work out at the same time.
Plus, doesn't it just seem wrong to drive to the gym? Granted, it is still winter and icy out, but.... drive to get exercise. It just never seems quite right to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope it works for you.
I was just about to go for a run and - it started raining! So .. instead I am cooking a spaghetti squash - and hoping it'll stop w/in the hour or so.
By the way - I threw a bunch of leftovers together and it made a fantastic salad!
2 bags of spring greens
half a bunch of kale thinly sliced
then I massaged all that with a little sea salt (read the idea somewhere - massaging kale w/ sea salt, didn't say why though)
toasted a handful of pumpkin seeds and added them
cooked a cup of couscous and added that
a few leftover dried cranberries
grated a leftover carrot
apple cider vinegar, sea salt, olive oil
very tasty ..
:-)
what does "massaging" with sea salt mean?
I just dropped a sprinkle of salt in and used my fingers to mix it around, kind of like kneading bread dough. It broke the kale up, much like saute'ing it would do, and turned it into a limper version of itself.
I totally forgot the best part of the salad
it also had a bag of sea vegetables (kombu, I think)
;-)
Post a Comment