Monday, March 17, 2008

The Schlub

Katherine looked like a cute leprechaun today, in a green shirt, green pants, shamrock socks, and shamrock pin.. (and she made corned beef and cabbage for dinner too)... all in all, very festive.

Me, not so much. These days, I'm happy if I shower. We went to church on Sunday and it was the first day in a couple of weeks that I work an actual matching, complete outfit.

So, tonight I was apologizing to Katherine that my appearance and dress has fallen by the wayside... that I had become such a schlub during my furious writing blitz.... that I'm not what you'd call "cute" these days.

Poor Katherine. She tried to console me... "You're cute... You're not a schlub. You put clothes on..."

Yes, folks. This is about as good as it gets these days. I manage to put clothes on. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is definitely a good start. As long as you remember to dress up on April 1st. :)

I typically dress down a little on Tuesday and Thursdays to crawl around w/my littler kids. I would love to wear scrubs, but I don't know that I could swing that in the school setting. Shaun probably wishes I would not always lose my outfits once I walk in the door after work. I usually change immediately into comfy clothes, most of which are not form-fitting.

Elizabeth Halt said...

tee-hee

Amy said...

Yes.. Kath and I are going clothes shopping on Monday for an outfit.. and some more clothes for the clinic.. after I turn my thesis in.