Saturday, March 15, 2008

Coffeeshop eavesdropping

I am writing at the Terrapin, a local coffeeshop. I am occasionally routed from my CaMKII-induced trance by two couples discussing one's upcoming wedding. The other couple consists of their minister and the music person. Apparently the couple getting married wants a completely nontraditional wedding or as close to nontraditional as possible. The minister (fairly young guy) keeps posing "traditional" scenarios, and the bride-to-be says she wants anti-whatever the scenario is.

I am now wondering if I would be more productive at home, where Katherine is watching basketball. I would not care about basketball. But this, this is amusing.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Halt said...

It's always amusing. Whenever I go to the coffee shop to read for a while, I never get through more than a page because either I wind up talking to someone or I am distracted by amusing conversations.

You never know, though .. it might be good for your brain to be momentarily distracted from your writing. Might make for better writing overall .. it's like you keep coming back to it after a break, you know?