Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I PASSED!

I passed my thesis defense today. It was wondeful. The seminar went well, and my defense was great. I passed, I passed, I passed. I didn't get to acknowledge Kath as much I wanted, because I had a slice malfunction, and now I can't type because I had 3 lemontinis.. but let me say, for the record, that my passing is COMPLETELY because of Katherine. She has been so supportive, and encouraging, and wonderful, that I never could have done it without her, and she is the ABSOLUTELY AND COMPLETELY the utmost love of my life and the most wonderful person in the entire world, and the best person ever. I LOVE KATHERINE!

Actually, Katherine says that she appreciated my acknowledgement of her during my talk. It was much more toned-down than this post and less embarrassing. :)

4 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

I'm hoping that the slice malfunction part is a misprint also due to the lemontinis because I have no idea what it means ;-)

but CONGRATS !!! and I'm glad she was there to support you. :-)

Amy said...

yes, I meant to write slide malfunction... when i got to my slide with the pictures of her and the 3 kitties it skipped past it and ended my powerpoint, so I had to open it up again and lost some time... Katherine was happy with what I said because I kept it simple and did not embarrass her like I probably did with this blog post. :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!We never had a doubt that you would pass Amy. I am glad that you and Katherine have each other. You compliment each other's strengths (and occasional weakness). I will call soon. Congratulations and love to both of you.
Marianne

Amy said...

Thanks Marianne! It feels great to be done, and Katherine and I are very excited to think about moving closer to everyone next year. :)