Today is the anniversary of MLK Jr.'s death. For an inspiring and moving speech on race in America, google Barack Obama's recent speech on race. It is amazing and articulate and on point.
I'm going to read a couple of books next week before I go back to med school. The only book that I actually read recently was Gluten-Free Girl by Shauna James Ahern. It's written by a popular food blogger who has celiac disease. I have to say that food blogs are my favorite sites to peruse online. My sister Lib and I always used to think that we were weird because we could remember events according to the food that we ate. However, there are a large number of people like us in the world, including the Gluten-Free Girl. I'm going to finish Mountains Beyond Mountains, which has been my bedtime book, and will be inspiring to read prior to my return to the world of medicine. I'm also excited to start the Golden Compass series. Reading for fun again.. yay!
We watched I Am Legend last night. You were right, Laura... VERY intense. Almost too intense for me. Well, too scary for me. I had my eyes closed, blocked my ears, and was humming for what seemed like an interminable amount of time at one point. Katherine told me to fold the laundry to keep myself grounded in reality. It worked. I was slightly afraid to go to sleep, though.
Wicked this weekend. I can't wait. And quality time with family and friends. It will be wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Enjoy Wicked, Chicago, and reading for fun!
I've been researching epilepsy and 'defensible documentation' online at work today. Our aide's niece was just diagnosed w/epilepsy after a 4-hr seizure. I've been trying to find info to make her feel better when I see her next week.
I'm glad you enjoyed the movie:) I still think he was quite dumb to get caught in his own trap, though. I mean, there was a huge hold behind the mannequin, and who did he think moved it??
Hey - I'm starting the Mountains book this week too. Also, The Golden Compass was playing on the flight home so I halfheartedly watched (it's hard to hear through plane earphones so I didn't want to completely spoil it). 'twas good.
Post a Comment