Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Spring fever
It's been cold and rainy since the weekend. It goes along with my mood, though. It's been tough to muddle through the week thus far. It's partly due to the fact that I'm coming off of my adrenaline high from finishing my thesis and defending. However, it's also due to the fact that I don't want graduate school to end. The first two or so years of graduate school were tough, but the last couple have been mainly wonderful. I really enjoy my labmates, and it will be really sad not to see them every day. Katherine was also asking me about my residency last night, and when I said that I will be able to do research during my residency she asked, "When will you have time to be at home?" And, that reminded me that life is only going to get busier from now on. Graduate school has been wonderful. It's been 4.5 years of making my own schedule, basically. It's exciting to know that I'm only one year away from graduating, but also bittersweet. More bitter than sweet, this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it's probably natural to have a letdown after defending, but think about how exciting it will be to be working with patients more.
this, too, shall pass.
:-)
oh yes.. i'm excited to see patients again. i'm just not excited about early mornings. :) i think mainly i'm in a dumpy mood because i have a sore throat.
Post a Comment