Tuesday, December 2, 2008
It's Christmastime in the city
I've been listening to the same Christmas tape in the car over and over on my 30 minute drive to work and back for the past two days. I could now sing Christmas songs sung by drunk Irishmen in my sleep. It never quite feels like Christmas until I've heard "... and Mary plucked cherries while Joseph stood around..." at least 10 times. I always wonder about poor Joseph just standing around... I guess Joseph had just spoken in anger to Mary that the father of her baby could pick cherries for her... and then he had heard baby Jesus speak up from the womb that "Mary shall have cherries and Joseph shall have none." Ouch. Getting berated by your unborn son. That would be tough. Especially when you know he's not your son.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Drunk Irishmen singing Xmas songs?!? It sounds good.. what sort of tape is it? (Not a homemade tape?) :o)
Amy, The Clancy Brothers strike again! Thanks for the chuckle, I needed it. Andy says "turn the tape over and listen to the balance of the Kingston Trio." Anyway, I think it is a wierd song, too. See you soon!
I guess you have to hear the song?
Hee hee... It's a homemade tape of Katherine's that we listen to every year... it has a mix with the Clancy Brothers on one side and the Kingston Trio on the second side. Yes, you need to hear the song.. It always makes me chuckle every time I hear it.
Sounds entertaining!
It IS a homemade tape!? Sounds like a fun party. ;o)
Oh, Amy, it's not a "homemade" tape.. it's a mix tape from records of the Clancy Brothers, etc. :)
I know.. (that was supposed to be a wink, but it didn't really show up. :o)
Post a Comment