Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Aufwiedersehen, good bye...

We went out to dinner tonight with a former coworker from my lab who is moving to North Carolina in December. I will miss Michelle, as she and I have had many conversations in the lab about anything and everything. She's one of those people, like me, who's a sharer... happy to talk about EVERYTHING. And, I've gotten lots of information on pregnancy, labor, and childrearing as she had her two daughters in the time that I've known her. She also was my mentor in the scientific sense when I started in the lab back in the beginning of graduate school. So, I'm sad to see her leave. Her departure emphasizes that life will be changing for us very soon as well. It's exciting, but it also gives me some trepidation...

Tonight was fun, though. The best story was hearing about Michelle's 5-year-old daughter asking her, "Mommy, how does Daddy fertilize your egg?"

1 comment:

Elizabeth Halt said...

I'm sure I would like her as well then. :)