There are many times that I think back to high school and wonder when I will put to use all of that important information that I so diligently learned. Well, that is, besides the time when we were in Rome standing on the ruins of the Forum, and Lib and I recited the lines from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar that we had memorized for 10th grade English... "Oh pardon me, thou bleeding piece of earth, that I am meek and gentle with these butchers.."
But this morning, the importance of knowing about waves was emphasized in a most unfortunate way. Poor Katherine was holding my coffee mug as I drove her in to school... we were about 5 minutes from home, when she looked down and saw that coffee had spilled all over her lap. My mug wasn't THAT full. Nope, it was resonance. A huge wave of coffee must have developed and overflowed onto her lap. So, we turned around so she could change. She did think that it would be a useful story to talk about in class today, as they were talking about waves.
However, despite the serendipitous reminder of the morning, Katherine did wonder why I felt the need to bring my coffee with me for a 10 minute drive... I just don't understand THAT question. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think we sent Mr. Aalto a postcard telling him how useful it was to know the speech. :)
By the way, I wonder too, especially since you clearly weren't drinking your coffee if Katherine was holding it.
I was going to drink it on the way home... and she had volunteered to hold it.
Post a Comment