I woke up this morning to find that we were out of coffee. Oh, the horror. Plus, I was going to be at home studying for a few hours. And, it was quite chilly out so I didn't want to walk down to the coffee shop (almost a quarter mile!).
So, I sat on the couch for an hour, pining away for a cup of coffee.
But then, I spied a cup sitting next to me on the side table, with a half of a cup of coffee from the previous day that I had left out. So, I warmed it up in the microwave and drank it.
Warmed up, day old coffee with milk and sugar is not the greatest. This gray coffee-colored skin of milk formed and I would get clumps of it in my mouth.
But, desperate times call for desperate measures. Katherine is unbelievably disgusted by this and says that I am a junkie.
That may be. I won't tell her about my past experiences that involved eating food that I took out of the garbage.
Anyway, it's just coffee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
And you don't have diabetes (eating out of the garbage)? :)
I know I'm not supposed to have a favorite client, but I do now. We had our secret santa exchange/lunch today at work; I got mine right with only 1 clue and Sarah had figured some of me out as I got a great gift. My favorite clue that I gave out was: "Look inside to see what I would look like dressed as Tigger for Halloween." Inside was a picture of Tigger that I colored (along w/the gift); everyone was dying to see what was inside.
My occasional fix for now is a Dt. Mountain Dew. I don't know why it is tasting good, but I will drink it every once in a while while it lasts.
well .. at least when you confess stuff like that you can always say, "Well, Libby has done it too." since we seem to have the same weird habits. Because, you know, Katherine thinks I'm totally normal and non-crazy. ;-)
I think the coffee thing is gross, only because I don't like coffee. Now, if you had said cocoa, or warm milk with cinnamon and sugar, or juice, or anything .. I would totally buy it.
My boss at work heats up moldy old coffee all the time...he's frugal (even though coffee is free!) and it is gross. Speaking of eating out of the garbage do you remember "enjoying" room service at a hotel during one of our many travels together?!
Laura - the eating out of the garbage bit involves my dieting, and then changing my mind and wanting to retrieve whatever junk food I had carefully thrown out.
Lib-Kath did agree with that.
Jen-I will admit that I draw the line when it comes to mold.:) And yes, I still remember that room service thievery... I'd have to look back at my diary to see where it was, but I'm remembering Wales for some reason.
LOL. That cracks me up. Yuck. Double Yuck, really. But I can't judge, because I can't say the lengths I would go to get myself Diet Coke in the morning. ...I'm pretty sure I'd walk that quarter mile through a tornado and hailing rain. In just a robe- no shoe, if I had to. :D
No, it wasn't Wales, and actually, you and I didn't participate in the enjoying of it. Well, I didn't, and I'm pretty sure you didn't either. I can't remember where it was though. :)
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. :P
Post a Comment