Friday, February 26, 2010

My unexpected Pavlov's dog experiment

Last night I was sitting on the couch enjoying the Mentalist, while Kath was on the other end on the computer. As I do most nights, I stretched out my legs, took off my socks, and wiggled my toes. (I like my feet to breathe at home - they like fresh air.) Katherine did not even look up from the computer and immediately started massaging my feet.

Now, I was not at all expecting or needing a foot massage at that moment, so I told her so.

She said that she did not even think about it - she just saw me wiggle my toes and instinctively started massaging.

Apparently, I've been wiggling my toes prior to requesting a foot massage fairly frequently over the past 2 months when she's been forced to rest on the couch.

I wonder what else I can train her to do?

2 comments:

Leanne said...

There is nothing quite so dreamy a as a foot massage. And with your insane schedule, well, you deserve it!

Elizabeth Halt said...

Well .. don't you be wiggling your toes at me the next time I see you. ;)

I wish I could let my feet breathe at home, but then I'd have to slip on socks every time I took Atlas outside. Kind of a pain.

Now, it would be funny to watch to see what Katherine has trained you to do without realizing it!