Monday, February 1, 2010

My Big

I was watching Sex and the City last night while Kath was grading papers. I had an A-ha moment when I realized, much to my chagrin, that I have some of Carrie's qualities - mainly her emotional ranting and raving qualities, sometimes fueled by too many martinis.
But then I realized that Katherine has some of the great qualities of Mr. Big - the ability to defuse any situation with humor, sometimes infuriatiatingly so... and of course, dark good looks... (hee hee... she will not be pleased that I wrote that, as she gets embarrassed.) :)

Folks, I am lucky. I think that every day, and since it is now the romantic month of February starting today, even more so today.

To have someone who gets you and loves you, when you are lame, and when you are shlumpy and greasy, and when you apparently can only make dried-up squash, then I say it's best to grab ahold of that person and never let them go (I did... it worked... :).

So, my Ms. Big will be getting chocolate stout cake, maple glazed salmon, baked potatoes, and spicy broccoli tonight.

Unlike Carrie, I can cook. Thank goodness. We're not completely alike.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you still off this week? or did you prep that meal? I'm impressed!

February is a lovely month, but I thought Shaun outdid himself for my birthday already. I'll have to treat him this month.

Enjoy each other this month!!

Amy said...

Hi Laura,
I'm still on vacation until Wednesday. So, I have loads of time. It actually was very easy, though. Even the cake. Which was amazing.

Elizabeth Halt said...

is the cake smitten kitchen? i am kind of in a cake baking mood (well, once i buy a cake pan) but haven't found the perfect cake. except i am not a huge chocolate fan. is this really chocolate-y?

Elizabeth Halt said...

also, i have now watched season 4, 1, and 2 of SATC. i am waiting for season 3 to show up on the library shelves. i forgot how much i enjoyed the earlier episodes.

Amy said...

It was a smittenkitchen recipe... amazing!!!! Not too chocolatey. I don't think you need the ganache frosting-Kath agrees. We love it without. Make it in a bundt pan.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. There's a reason I bawled my eyes out when Carrie and Big finally worked it out. :)

And again when he BLEW IT. Like a CHUMP.

And then again, when they got back to basics.

And AGAIN, when he called in her friends.

And that's just the movie!

All those stops and starts hit me where I live. "Never [again] let them go" is at the top of my priority list. :)

Andrea said...

i think martini's look good on you, amy! ;-)