Every morning when I wake up, one of the first things to greet me is the ever-multiplying pile of laundry. Sometimes it's only a laundry-bag-full, sometimes it's a laundry-bag + a laundry-basket-full. And sometimes, like this morning, it's a laundry-bag + laundry-basket + giant-overflowing mounds that are so high that my little Dory is able to hop from the laundry basket onto the laundry bag pile for a little nap (normally this would be an impossible feat).
I do not know how this happens.
Just the other weekend I had almost conquered my nemesis and nearly vanquished all laundry piles.
I think the problem is that we continue to wear clothes.
You know how you can get everything else in the house clean and neat but you always have that one nagging area that just never quite gets done... well for me, that would be laundry.
It's always been my nemesis.
No longer! My Valentine's Day present to myself will be to finally vanquish this demon once and for all (well, not really, unless Katherine and I start living life as nudists).
I wonder if not doing laundry is a reason people have for becoming nudists? I must say, it's very tempting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's definitely a reason for me to buy new clothes, sometimes.
Laundry and I do not get along very well either.... which is not a good thing to not get along with when you've got 7 people depending on you to do it.
When my kids get bigger I'm going to pay them to do laundry-- no lie... "no, don't apply for a job, do our laundry and I'll top the hourly wage by $.25 an hour and you won't even have to pay taxes on it."
Only about 5 more years before I can broach that subject with them...
I will say that washing clothes less often helps immensely. ;)
Post a Comment