Thursday, March 4, 2010

Things I could live without

Chips - had they not been invented, I'd be a much thinner person today

Potholes - I think Katherine is going to duct-tape my mouth shut if she has to hear "Watch out for that pothole!" one more time.

Socks - I don't like wearing them, don't like washing them, and don't like folding them because inevitably half of them are missing. Where do they go between the washer and dryer?

Junk mail - piles of it piles up all over our house.

Uteruri (what is the plural of uterus?) - once a month, I'd happily give it up.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

I hope you only have one uterus.

Unless you meant that you would give ours up too. In which case, I think that would be acceptable.

;-)

CheckerBeads said...

Bugs! I hate bugs!!

Leanne said...

If there were no chips, what would you call your blog??

Anonymous said...

I never lose socks -- I think it's because I ball them in pairs, which seems to work better than folding. (I should learn to do the same with gloves--I *do* lose them.)

I'm not sure you can re-train yourself on sock storage and care, though. I thhink it's more ingrained than which way the right direction for toilet paper to roll.

Amy said...

lib-i only have one. as far as i know. i would not presume to give up others' uteruses, though.
anne-i would give up bugs, yes.
leanne-probably "wine or no wine"
Jen - I do ball my socks up together when i throw them in the laundry, and when i fold them. it doesn't work for me, still. i'm at a loss.