On our first Valentine's Day, I put a Valentine's message in the newspaper for Katherine, we bought each other romantic (identical) cards, exchanged flowers, and enjoyed a romantic dinner at a new restaurant in Iowa City.
This year, after 8 years together, we went shopping at the best-outlet-mall-ever near us and ate a late lunch at Friendly's on Valentine's Day.
Today, I was watching some fluff TV in which one of the main characters commented that "I just want someone to make out with." So, I turned to Katherine and told her, "I just want someone to make out with."
"Fine with me," she said. "As long as it's just making out." Then she turned to Ty and said, "I'd like to see her go out and find someone."
"Fine," I retorted. "Just wait until I get hot."
Katherine, not missing a beat, says to Ty, "I've already been waiting a long time for that."
...
There is no love in Mudville tonight, folks. Hmph. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hmph. Marriage. :D
Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!
I really am laughing out loud. You guys (er, gals) crack me up.
I never heard about the Valentine's message in the newspaper!
We streamed some Torchwood and played Geometry Wars on xbox. We played MULTIPLAYER, though, so that made it romantical. :)
Really, nothing says loving like a peanut butter cup sundae...
Post a Comment