Sunday, September 13, 2009

Good night world, I'll see you tomorrow.

You know those days when you think, why did I even get up this morning?... Well, this has been dangerously close to one of those...

I did wake up, after sleeping in to a deliciously late 9am, and spend a lovely hour sipping my coffee while reading my always-wonderful Sunday edition of the NYTimes online. I then woke up my sleepy hon-bun and we enjoyed tea (well, she did... I had a second cup of coffee) and wild-blueberry teacake for breakfast.

Our next plan was to be productive and head to Tar-jay and check out the Trader Joe's in Warwick. Well, what greeted us when we stepped outside was a second flat tire in one week on our little car. AAAAAAArgh. Apparently, I did not read the receipt carefully enough from the garage when it was fixed on Tuesday, and the tire was not replaced but rather plugged. AAAAArgh. Poor Kath was close to tears. I tried to be upbeat and make a plan of attack... PepBoys, after all, was open on Sundays per the website.

Nope. Foiled again. Poor Kath valiantly changed the tire, (again, 2nd time in one week) and had headed down there to find that apparently they decided to take this Sunday off. AAAAAAAAAAArgh.

Luckily, we live within walking distance of the grocery store, and on the way there we joined a gym, also within walking distance (and which apparently has a large stay-at-home mom clientele, which means less extremely buff, sweaty men taking over the gym.... Yay... and it's not Curves).

So, then I wanted to be productive and get some laundry done... oh no... the washing machine chose today to eat my money and NOT WORK. AAAAAAARgh...

Luckily, I have a bottle of wine (from our wine shop within walking distance) and I'm making spaghetti bolognese for dinner... one of our favorite comforty recipes.

I am cleaning the living room, though. It's what I do when I feel out of control... as long as the living room is clean, all is right with my world.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a rough Sunday! I hope both of your Mondays are better. Did Kath start work yet?

Did you move your washer/dryer combo with your when you moved? I thought the ones you had in Iowa were purchased?

You supper and breakfast sound lovely!

Elizabeth Halt said...

ugh. that sucks. i hope tomorrow is better.

i send you a virtual silly puppy trick (where atlas throws a toy over his head), a bowl of marscapone, pine nut, and lemon gelato, and a sympathetic ear. if you were here, they would be real, not virtual. :)

Amy I said...

I hope today was better.. I miss being close to a Trader Joe's. They're so great!