I rearranged the living room this weekend. I was trying to optimize our little space, and I managed to make enough room to allow us to add an extra piece of furniture back into the mix - our papasan chair was moved back up from storage.
And, as soon as the chair was put into place, Dory IMMEDIATELY hopped right in and settled down for a nap. That chair was her home during the four years that we lived in Iowa, and apparently she missed it. Never mind that she'd been loving our new couch and cuddling up with the new pillows on a daily basis.
And, she continues to love the papasan chair.
I thought it was quite funny and weird until I realized that I am the same. It took me a couple of weeks to adjust to our new apartment and our new/old double bed (not the queen we used in Iowa). I couldn't sleep properly until I made the bed with the pillow-top bed topper which we'd been using for the past few years.
I know what it feels like to have the comforting feel of my old bed back.
I guess that means that we really "don't" have an extra piece of furniture, but that's ok. It makes me happy to see my little Dory sleeping soundly every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute! We do all crave a bit of familiarity, don't we?
Post a Comment