Monday, August 24, 2009

We agree on one thing.

No pregnancy photos.

I know those are a trend now. I've seen many lovely photo albums online with both naked and clothed pregnant bellies and hands clasped lovingly over the soon-to-be miracle mound.

But, it's not for us. We both agree. I think for different reasons. I think she is not enamored by the beauty of the miracle of pregnancy. And I think I could get all sentimental with pregnancy hormones and want to immortalize such an event by a large framed photo. Which would embarrass her. So, no, not a good idea.

I did ask her the other night if we should take a "pregnancy photo" with my chip baby belly.

Maybe posting a giant photo on the fridge and the chip cupboard would help me lose it.

(Note of honesty: this post was typed after finishing a bag of chips. AAAAAgh!)

4 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

you never know, maybe posting such a giant photo would help you feel more lovingly towards your chip baby belly.

but forget the photo - i have a better idea for you!

a BELLY CAST!

haven't you always wanted a sculpture in your house?! (ok, maybe that's just me)

now you can have one of yourself!

http://www.proudbody.com/

confession: i was actually intrigued by the look of some of them. probably a good thing i'm not interested in children or i might be tempted to try this. sorry .. but it is cracking me up to think of hanging out in the living room chatting with people next to a giant sculpture of my pregnant belly.

Amy I said...

So I have to ask- do you have some impending news to share? (I hope I'm not prying!) I definitely applaud that the choice exists for pregnant women, to bare more or not (as opposed to previous options like wearing tent-like clothing or retreating from public for a few months.) I have seen some pics of pregnant, bikini-wearing celebs in US Weekly, and it is a bit much for me. To each their own, though!

Amy said...

Oh goodness, no no... no impending pregnancy. It was just something that came up in conversation recently... one of our random topics that we discuss hypothetically. :)

Anonymous said...

I think the photos and casts (I have one friend who made and painted one) can be lovely and artistic and...yeah, not for me. 30+ years of efforts to *not* have my belly immortalized need not be undone when I decide to breed, I feel.