Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall is here.

I've noticed the leaves beginning to turn colors on my morning walks to work. There's just something about these crisp fall mornings with the sun streaming down that puts me in a good mood. Even when I've been working for 14 days straight with 5 more to go before a day off.
We've been trying to settle in here... trying to do homey things. Both of us felt out of sorts the other weekend... partly PMS... partly that we don't have "our routine" here yet. We still feel like we've just moved, so even the tiniest things, like getting groceries for dinner, seem like so much work at times.
So, when in need of comfort and feelings of home, what do we turn to but.... comfort food! Perfect for the fall. Kath made chicken and biscuits this week... tuna melts and tomato soup on Friday... and this evening I'm making brown sugar buttercream topped pumpkin cupcakes.
And red wine. A South African pinotage. Perfect for a rainy fall evening. If nothing else, we at least have our wine shop routine. :)

5 comments:

Amy I said...

Ah.. the wine and the food sound great! Perfect for fall.

Elizabeth Halt said...

Oh, yay. I cannot wait to see fall in the east. :)

Enjoy your comfort food and wine!

I'll have a cupcake, please! *holds out hand*

Anonymous said...

Yum... I am craving pumpkin baked into things.

Leanne said...

I love this. How come wine and food are so comforting? I'm a white wine drinker, and my special new fave is a chardonnay/pinot grigio blend. YUM.

Enjoy the fall!

Unknown said...

Fall colors; I hope to see that next year. I'll have to update you on things soon. We've been moving things along on this end but are still waiting on certain things that are holding us up which is frustrating. I hope plans are going well!!