I finished up my 9 days on OB - days and nights. It was fun to deliver babies but too emotionally intense for me. Especially in a high-risk population that constitutes at least 50% of our patients. It's hard for me to be calm and objective and think through the 20 things that must be thought about when a baby decides to enter the world. I enjoyed the midwife births the most, though. Now I want a midwife. When I'm pregnant, that is.
Yesterday was my recovery day after being on nights. I wasn't going to nap all day, but I did. It was a cozy, cool fall day, and the kitties were asleep on top of me on the couch. They're asleep on top of me now, as I'm on my 1st "study" time, which means I don't have to go to the hospital until noon. Hallelujah.
Kath and I went out to dinner at Panera last night and then saw Nights in Rodanthe, the new Nicholas Sparks movie with Richard Gere and Diane Lane. The trailer was better but the movie was still enjoyable. Kind of romantically cheesy and luckily I figured out what was going to happen before it did so Katherine was still able to enjoy the movie since it wasn't exactly a "Katherine ending".
We only watched snippets of the debate last night. I decided that watching a movie would be more relaxing. Thinking about the fact that a significant percentage of the US celebrates mediocrity makes me a tad upset.
I am enjoying some lovely Shelburne Falls coffee this morning. Thank you, Marianne and Andy! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We were talking about that at lunch. That's what we said - we don't want someone like us running the country. They should be smarter. Much smarter. And they'd better know more about foreign policy and economics. I missed the debate because I was at ESL, though I read recaps and watched pieces of it.
There were lots of teachers on one board who were pleased to know that their reward was going to be in heaven instead. They are voting Obama, heh, because he actually cares about them. LOL.
Ok - I'm sorry - but the winking and posing. Seriously. ARGH. But since it's OK in a VP debate, I'm going to try that at my next presentation. I feel quite sure it will go over very well.
Good call on the debate. I was less aggravated than I expected, but... Even my new law-enforcement-and-therefore-likely-to-lean-in-the-way-that-cancels-my-vote roommate yelled at Palin for digging a hole on same sex marriage. I was waiting for her to say some of her best friends are gay.
My greatest fear is that half the country still seems to want someone they like, someone "just like" them in the Oval Office. A mom. A lady. Someone who's not good at public speaking. I want someone in office whose knowledge, intellect, and judgment leaves me in the dust.
/sigh
Post a Comment