Kath and I had a great day yesterday. We spent 8 hours at the Iowa Women's Music Festival at Upper City Park in Iowa City. I've been going to the festival every year since I moved to Iowa City. Kath has never thought it was "her scene". Plus, since it's always on Saturday, and Saturday means ND football, getting her to come has been unsuccessful until this year.
The festival has improved every year since I've been going, and this year was super. It was a gorgeous day - not too hot - the sun was streaming through the trees and there was a nice breeze. We just sat in our lawnchairs and listened to some great music, people-watched (a great place for that), and occasionally read or talked.
I hadn't heard the last two artists before, and they were especially terrific. I've been listening to Ferron's "Souvenir", which I found online, over and over and over and over since yesterday.
Yesterday was so perfect, though. I'm balking at the fact that it's Sunday night and no longer the weekend. I feel like a toddler having a tantrum. I want it to be yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that does sound fun. I love music festivals.
Post a Comment