Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's all part of my plan.

Kath and I walked down to the coffee shop tonight. I was planning on studying there for my test on Friday but it was too hot, so I got an iced coffee and we left.
On our way home, we stopped at the grocery store and picked up some coffee beans, as I used up the last of ours yesterday. One of the interns has been bringing in this yummy-smelling coffee every day, so I wanted to buy those beans. (Her coffee was spilled all over the carpet in our workroom last week and I just about went crazy smelling that wonderful vanilla-coffee scent all day.)
I filled up the bag with the vanilla coffee beans, we paid, and left.
I mentioned to Kath that I thought I was tricky in filling the bag to the tippy-top with beans because I thought I would get some coffee for free. She thought it was amusing that I did not realize that coffee would be purchased by weight.
As she said, "Once in a while you say something that makes me think that I have more common sense than you at times."

Well, it is true. Sometimes I have lapses in my common sense.

And if admitting to these lapses boosts her ego, well, I'm happy to share.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

I'm still wondering what happened to that other post?

I never have lapses in my common sense. :-)

Unknown said...

Shaun feels that sometimes my commen sense is lacking; I'll have to tell him it is in my blood and cannot be controlled. :)

I started my new job on Monday; training continues into next week. For the next few days I am learning Pro-ACT (Professional Assault Crisis Training). Most of the clients are behavioral, and the behavior analysts in this company do not believe in using drugs. Therefore, everyone gets properly trained in de-escalation techniques as well as safe manual/physical techniques to hold a person down if necessary. Should be interesting. I think I will like this place. I am getting the feeling it is an excellent program.

Tonight I locked my keys in the car. I do it only once in each place I have lived, so now I am good for the next few years. The sad part is I had to wait 2 hrs to eat my lovely Chipotle burrito I got on the way home (which I located last night while online).

Hope your week is going well.