Friday, May 2, 2008

Random thoughts from my first week on Otolaryngology - Head and Neck surgery

I can see why many surgeons are buff and work out. Surgery is exhausting.

I need better shoes. My flat feet are pathetic.

80s music makes everything better - even the 14th hour of a 15 hour surgery.

To my surprise, I enjoy surgery.

I really need better shoes.

I'm not a huge fan of 5:30 am rounds.

Since I'm not buff, I don't work out, I have flat feet, and I don't like 5:30 am rounds, I shouldn't go into any surgical field.

I feel like JD on Scrubs pretty much every day.

I also have gotten caught off in my own thoughts like JD... for instance, last night, during the 14th hour of the 15 hour surgery.

I was thinking how much my feet hurt and how I need better shoes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you still wearing orthotics? If not, I could teach you a taping technique that would support your arches. How long are you on this particular rotation?

I thought standing for a 2-4 hr sx were hard enough; I can't imagine a 15-hr sx.

Good luck!

Elizabeth Halt said...

I do love JD - and his hilarious thoughts.

Unknown said...

Here's a fun little blog/tidbit:

http://www.stanleyparis.blogspot.com/

On another note, I just learned I may have to go through my first my first deposition in my career. It's not scheduled yet, and I'm already nervous!