Monday, May 26, 2008

It feels like Christmas

I'm so excited for next weekend I can hardly stand it. It feels like Christmas is coming. What, you may ask, is the reason for my excitement? Why, it's the release of the Sex and the City movie! I don't exactly know why I'm so excited. I never watched Sex and the City on TV. I only watched it on DVD after it had ended. But, this weekend, when I realized the movie was going to be out next weekend, I felt like I could hardly wait. Kath and I are going to go out for cosmos beforehand, and then go to the movie. She's not quite as excited as me, to be sure. She's indulging my need to go on opening weekend.

The thing is, I don't even know why I love Sex and the City so much. I certainly am not into fashion. I'm not into appearances or social scenes. I just love the dynamics between the four main characters. I love Charlotte. She's so optimistic and believes in love and wants children so badly. I love Harry, her husband, who's bald and sweaty and not at all the guy that Charlotte thought she'd be with. I love Miranda - smart and practical - and Steve, her sweet, down-to-earth husband, and their son Brady. (Katherine and I currently love the name Brady for future potential use, and here is one more reason to love it.) I love Samantha because she's someone I could never imagine being. Carrie is my least favorite character, but I like her too. I just loved Aiden, her former boyfriend, who was sweet and an amazing wooden furniture maker, but she cheated on him.

So, I'm excited. I hope the week flies by. Now I know how Katherine feels the week before the football season starts in the fall. She usually watches Rudy a few days before the first ND game. Maybe I'll have to rent a few Sex and the City episodes as a preview to the big day.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Halt said...

I love it for the fashion, and because it shows friends who are there for each other no matter what, and because I like SJP, and because I like all four of the girls.