Sunday, February 24, 2008

We're falling apart over here.

Amazingly, we were going to be early to church today. Usually I'm the late one. But today, I was up at 8 drinking my coffee, so at 9:15 when it was time to get ready, I was as perky as can be.

Then, it happened. Katherine moved in a funny way, and suddenly tears were streaming down her face and she was moving in a strangely, stiff way. (Katherine would like me to take this part out... about the tears. She says, "It's not very tough." So, we can "pretend" that they were tears of laughter for her sake.) We think a vertebrae moved out in her upper back. I tried to shake her back into alignment, but to no avail. She's been very stiff and sore lately, after coughing so much.... she has this funny way of half-turning her head when her neck is sore, and I was teasing her last night about it. (I think it must be my punishment for teasing her - that I have to watch her move so stiffly now, knowing exactly what this feels like and that nothing can be done about it until tomorrow.)

So, hopefully she can get in to see the chiropractor tomorrow after school. I wanted to try my "chiropractor skills" and see if I could snap her neck back, but I think it would be better if I don't.

Luckily, there's only one more week in February. Cruel, cruel month. I blame this on you.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

Oh - poor Katherine! I hope the pain eases and she gets in tomorrow.

And PLEASE don't try to fix it yourself. I have horrid memories of the episode of That 70's Show where Eric tried to crack Donna's neck after his first day in chiro school and it got stuck in that odd position.

Unknown said...

I hope Katherine is doing better this evening!

I ran across something I thought you would enjoy. Ted, from the heating plant, sends me funny emails. Jeff Foxworthy sayins: You know you're a true Michigander when ... #9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. Doesn't that bring back fond memories! :D