We had an MSTP poster session tonight. I forgot to sign up, so I didn't get a T-shirt. Katherine was bummed because the shirts said "I Heart (picture of a real beating-type heart) Science". She wanted to wear it to casual Fridays at school. I told her that she already has enough t-shirts, so really it's good that I forgot to sign up. One less shirt to fill our closet.
We're going out for drinks tonight with Rob and Levi and his fiancee from the lab. I'm really enjoying my life in the lab these days. Data is being pumped out like mad... experiments are working.... I'm "hearting" science a lot right now. It's too bad I'll leave it for 4 years, while I finish up med school and start my residency, in a month and a half.
On the bright side, Katherine can look forward to me no longer complaining about bad days in the lab. Just bad days in the hospital.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well, I can see your point on the number of T-shirts in the closet. But, it sounds like a cool t-shirt. I hope you had a fun time tonight. We enjoyed an great new italian restaurant in the area this evening. Keep an eye on Kat's cough. Make sure she rests, gets fluids (healthy ones), and eats well this weekend.
Keep up the good work and we hope the writing goes well.
Love, M
Hi Marianne,
Good news. Rob (my coworker) is going to give me his t-shirt, so Kath will have one to wear after all. Italian sounds great... there's a fabulous one in Washington, where Kath is teaching. We're going to try it before she leaves. Yes, that cough is bad. Kath will be resting all weekend and I will be overdosing her with hot lemonade and other Vitamin C products. There's a new acute care clinic that we can go to, so I'll send her there next week if she's not improved. She did get Healing Touch, though, so we're waiting to see how that works.
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm glad you found it. :)
love,
Amy :)
I do not heart science, but I'm glad you do. Hopefully a bad day in the hospital is better than a bad day in the lab.
I enjoy the hospital environment. My best pt so far was the young man I helped for 2 wks or so right after he moved out of ICU due to a SCI. He went from being depressed and unable to do anything to happy, motivated, able to dress, roll, transfer, sit, etc. He was amazing! I never did hear how he did in rehab once we sent him to Denver; I hope him and his new wife are doing well.
I hope you have some wonderful pts and experiences waiting for you, and that you do find your way back to the lab afterwards.
Post a Comment