Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good things

Good thing I did not make a resolution about my blog this year because in my head I've written many more blog posts than in reality.

Good thing is my new little nephew in New Jersey who we got to visit last weekend, along with his mom and dad (my sister and brother-in-law). I learned that babies have to learn how to poop! Crazy!

Good thing is Catie Curtis and Edie Carey this weekend in Northampton. Cannot wait! Hope the snow comes on Friday as planned so travel on Saturday will be peachy.

Good thing is Kath's leftover chili in a crockpot that we used to make chili dogs last night. She had never had a chili dog until she met me. Also crazy!

Good thing I'm noticing that the mornings are brighter and the days are longer. I feel like spring is close at hand already. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Good thing we've kept up our gym membership even though we haven't used it once in the last YEAR! In my head, I'm healthier when I have one, because there's always the possibility of using it... right?!

Good thing is that I have completed my 2 books for this month! Woo-hoo! Maybe I can be an overachiever and read a 3rd to get ahead for next month when I'm on another overnight month and don't want to do anything except sleep and eat bad food.

Good thing I still have 11.5 months for Kath's scarf. :)

4 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

Yes! They have to learn how to poop! I know this! Why do I know this? Clearly I am a fount of (not necessarily useful to me) information. ;)

You can knit on the beach during your week off.

Unknown said...

Hope you had fun last weekend. Andrew still is figuring out the pooping, but he is getting better.

Chili sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

Pooping isn't automatic? Another flaw in the design...

Hooray for reading! Which books?

Amy said...

Lib - good idea about the knitting.
Laura - we did have fun. Concert was awesome... made us miss our Iowa City days, though. Providence doesn't quite have the folk scene of IC.
Jen... apparently not! I read 2 Tana French books - crime/psychological thrillers - always keep me reading. :) In the Woods and the sequel The Likeness. Highly recommend them. :)