February is never my favorite month. I'm no longer enamored by the snow and am just longing for sun and warmth. Even the love and romance of Valentine's Day only lasts a few days at most. So, now that I'm back on a month of working nights again, my excitement for this month is waning even more.
But, this time I'm fighting back. My goal is to fight the flab and the blah at the same time by going to the gym and eating more healthy foods. (After these overnight shifts in the ER, I just crave fried fatty food, breakfast sandwiches, and big juicy burgers.) Today was my first day on this new agenda, and yes, I went to the gym! Woo-hoo. I'm looking forward to taking some healthy snacks to work with me tonight. My goal is to leave this month feeling healthier, happier, and stronger than when I started. Also, if I'm a slightly smaller version of me, that would be good too. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Woo-hoo! Here's to health, happiness, and strength!
I second Elizabeth. Good luck with the changes!
Breakfast sandwiches are a weakness of mine. I've adapted to a dairy-free butter substitute on a multigrain english muffin, with a veggie sausage pattie in the middle. It's a much leaner version and more physically satisfying...although it doesn't come with all the magnificently crafted smells of an Egg McWhatsit.
Good luck!
Thanks ladies... Jen, that sounds like a yummy but healthier alternative. Also portable. For the first half of nights, I tend to not be as hungry but this will come in handy towards the end... I will stock up now.
Post a Comment