I asked Katherine if it would be incorrect to call the impending storm a "Northeaster" rather than a "Nor'easter." She told me that yes, it would be wrong. So hear I sit, with one kitty lying on the heater (which just turned on today, just in time) and one on my lap... the 3rd is in the bedroom. The "Nor'easter" has started, I think, but it's not as bad as predicted, just yet. Dory is startled every now and then by the rattling of the window, and she jumps up and runs around with her tail all puffy. And then goes back to sleep... the lure of the warm heater is too much.
Kath is gone tonight... chaperoning a high school dance until midnight. It's just me and the little ladies. I'm anticipating a trip to the kitchen shortly to make myself a little martini, and then I plan to cozy up with our favorite Rhode Island movie - Dan in Real Life.
It's quiet here, and I finally felt like getting back to blogging again. My mind felt stale for a while. I think it was the combination of the stress of studying earlier this summer and my general feel of being burnt out by many things. My vim and vigor is returning, though. I finished up a month of nights and I am looking forward to enjoying the fall and upcoming holiday season with my hon bun.
Things are good here. We're both happy and healthy, and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that neither of us tears a tendon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay! Welcome back!
Anne
Hi!!! I heard about getting a Nor'easter; we got a little rain, but I guess it really wasn't headed our way. Hope it was a relaxing evening - I love storms!!!
Oh, HI! I've missed you.
Happy belated anniversary, by the way. :D
Hi Ladies - Anne, Laura, and Jen. :) It's good to be back... thanks for the congrats Jen. :) In retrospect, it seemed like not much of a storm... but I did notice a few signs down the next day. It was a great evening. :)
Post a Comment