Saturday, October 23, 2010

Grown-up conversations

Although I can't believe how quickly a week goes by these days, in general I largely ignore the fact that time is passing and my age is creeping up. I often feel as though I haven't aged since I was 25 or so (not that I'm that much older... only 32), and I think this must be what I'll feel like when I'm 90. I'll look in the mirror and wonder when all of those wrinkles happened.
But then, there are those moments when I realize, wow! - I am older and more mature. I am an adult! Particularly those moments when Kats and I have serious, grown-up conversations. Conversations about our life and our future plans. Plans such as where do we want to live more permanently, when are we having children, when are we buying a house, etc. These adult conversations can be difficult at times, because it requires making decisions that will impact our lives in a long-term way. Luckily, I share my life with someone who truly is my better half, and sitting down and thinking about our future together is fun and exciting.
Plus, after we've been having a serious conversation for a while and I say "That wasn't so hard... let's do it again sometime...", Kath deadpans..

"That's what she said."

Grown-up for a few moments, anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those conversations. There are days when I want to have them, and days when I think, really? I have a hard enough time remembering to change my oil, and I want to add a mortgage and a kid who needs booster shots to this equation?

/sigh

Step 1: Live in same zip code as better half. Then, on to Step 2.

Re: Kath...BWAHAHAHA. I miss you guys.

Elizabeth Halt said...

Ok. If I don't get it, is that maybe why I don't find Modern Family funny?