I love the day after the time changes in the fall. But I hate, hate, hate how it is dark at 5pm, when I am heading home from the hospital. It's especially worse this year, with the shift to the Eastern Time Zone. I'm wondering if we should get one of those UV lights to ward off the winter blues. Especially since I will be starting Medicine this month and will not even get the sunlight in the morning when my days will begin at 5 am....
I lost a bet with Katherine, so I am making dinner tonight. Roast chicken with mashed sweet and regular potatoes and salad. Not a bad bet to lose, because, really, we both win. I was just mad that I lost. I never lose bets with her.
We made a quick weekend trip up to Vermont to visit Katherine's grandmother. She had a stroke in September, and we had last seen her two weeks prior to the stroke, at a family wedding. It was wonderful to see her, and although she can't communicate well, it was clear that she still enjoys seeing family. One thing I love about Katherine is how family-oriented she is - she shares this trait with her Memere.
I'm looking forward to this weekend - an entire weekend at home. I plan on baking and cooking and discovering downtown Providence and any cute shops that exist in that section of town. I'm trying to relish the relaxing moments left this month before I start the long haul that will be Medicine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I've used a HappyLite from Verilux for three years now. It is truly my sanity savior- HUGE difference. I'm no doc, but I vouch for it any day. Good luck!
I think you should get the light. it sure wouldn't hurt anything!
The meal sounds delicious!
Let me know if the light works! I have a blues buster full spectrum bulb that I use in the winter. I don't really know if there's any evidence to support it, but I figure it can't hurt. Enjoy exploring Providence! It's so fun to be someplace new.
I like the sound of roasted chicken. *says the girl who is making her way through a counter full of cans of soup*
I'm glad you have a relaxing weekend ahead. :)
I've never tried a light. It is now darker when I leave work, and when we move I'll be on your end of things. Enjoy your break!
The movers empty our home tomorrow. Tonight is our first night out of our home; I miss it already!
hi--just wanted to let you know i popped by.
as the years progress, the dark of winter and the end of daylight savings really mess with my head. but i am home with my kids during the day, and we've been having a very sunny November. Major mood lifter for me!
hope the cooking turned out as yummy as it sounded :)
Post a Comment