Saturday, October 24, 2009

Life's ups and downs

We had our wedding. It was beautiful. It was so lovely. I can't believe that it's over. Kath and I have talked about that... how the actual wedding and the rest of the day was such a blur. We have to keep reminding ourselves that it happened. I can vividly remember us reciting our vows, and I can vividly remember us dancing to "True Companion". It was such a wonderful, wonderful day. I feel so lucky to have married such a wonderful, beautiful, amazing person (again), and I feel so lucky to have married into such a wonderful, loving, welcoming family. And I feel so lucky to have some very wonderful, supportive family and friends in my life. Life is good.

I feel quite stagnant at work these days. I try to push through it, but I am not inspired. It's almost the end of the month and this current rotation, though. A change will be good.

My computer crashed. 15 days before my 3 year warranty expired! How lucky is that!!!! I love Apple, though. I brought it to the Genius Bar at our local Apple Store, and they diagnosed my problem and said it would be fixed in one day. We pick it up tonight. This is one time when $300 (cost of 3-year warranty) ended up saving us $1500 (cost of new computer).

We are making little changes to our apartment, new curtains, additional little touches like a microwave cart in the kitchen, magnetic knife holder on the wall... little organizational touches. This is making both of us happier. It is really starting to feel like home.

Our car is also FINALLY inspected. I do not know who invented "check engine" lights, but I curse them. They DO NOT work. Our's has been off and on for the past 3 months for no important reason, apparently, other than to prevent our car from passing inspection. I brought our car into the garage on Wednesday, and our mechanic said that he would not return it to us without the car passing inspection. It's true... the light was off and inspected when I picked the car up. The light turned back on as I was on the way home. Oh well. We're good for two years.

And, that's all folks.
ND has a game today. Hence, I will be cleaning. :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth Halt said...

I feel the same way about check engine lights. As far as I can tell, they serve no useful purpose other than to alarm me.

Maybe you should post another round of pictures! :)

How was the movie? I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD anyway - I want to see "This Is It" instead - but am still curious if it has lots of laughs.