Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for so many things today. I'm thankful for my love and our wonderful relaxing evening together and a whole day today. I'm thankful for our 3 wonderful kitties, even when they drive me insane. I'm thankful for my family - my new-ish family and my old one.

I'm thankful for our new little apartment in Providence and that I love being a psychiatrist. I'm thankful for Red Stripe, especially their frites, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and lemon drop martinis. I'm thankful that I love Providence, and that it's starting to feel like home. I'm thankful for all of my colleagues - wonderful people working alongside of me makes even the most awful days bearable (this I learned in graduate school).

I'm thankful for Cape Cod and Mattapoisett. When Kath and I drive out there on random weekends, as soon as we get to Mattapoisett, everything work-related just goes away. It's magical.

I'm thankful for red slippers, down comforters, and coffee. I'm thankful for lazy mornings when I can sip my coffee over 2 hours. I'm thankful for long, drawn-out autumn weather and my walk to work in the morning.

I'm thankful for the life that I've been given and the life ahead of me.


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Happy Thanksgiving belatedly! You have lots to be thankful for!

Elizabeth Halt said...

Happy Thanksgiving!