In the past 12 hours I have cried and wailed and scared the kitties by making growling noises.
First, I shrunk a brand-new pair of dress pants (worn only once) because I didn't line-dry them. That made me mad.
Then, I tried on said-pair of pants and had a "fat tantrum" because "if I was skinnier it wouldn't matter if I shrunk the pants - they would still fit."
And this morning, I discovered that I had thrown out a ~$100 travel reimbursement check that came in the mail yesterday. I had "safely" placed it prominently on the table, but apparently it wasn't so "prominent" because we had a massive paper cleaning binge last night and I obviously tossed it. This was the point at which I clenched my teeth and shook my fists and screamed and growled through said-clenched teeth. (Btw... this is a very effective way to scream - it allows one the illusion of a scream, without screaming as loudly as one would otherwise.)
I had thought that my leisurely packing schedule would make this time of living in upheaval less stressful.
Apparently, I was wrong.
At this point, I am retaining any shred of sanity by thinking of the Art Fest coming up this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh dear. you're going to scare the kitties. I know you will think this silly, but I think you should sit with them and tell them that you're excited about the move but that you have lots to do so sometimes you're stressed and may make strange noises but they shouldn't worry about it because you just need to make noises to relieve the stress and then you're fine. :)
you don't need to wear the pants in the next few weeks .. they'll fit then. :)
deep breath! also - screaming in the car helps much (ideally when you're going faster and don't have the windows open). you can also punch pillows (very therapeutic).
:)
Oof. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. /hugs/
(Allow yourself the occasional pout, though. You're moving, changing jobs/schools, AND planning a wedding. That's kind of a lot.)
Post a Comment