I am living in BC time... "before computers". That time was more peaceful - no need to check email every few hours, no need to frequently update myself on the breaking news, no need to check facebook, or blogs, or any of the other sites I frequent on a regular basis.
I'm living in that time again, since our power cord for our Mac melted. First the cord simply frayed, so we were trying to continue using it while waiting for our new one. But, the other day I saw it smoking while I was trying to charge the computer, so I decided in the interest of fire safety, that we would just not bother.
So, we are computer-less for now.
I'm knitting a lot. I'm organizing the house for the move. I'm reading. I'm talking to Katherine more. I'm cleaning. I'm looking at old pictures. I'm doing laundry. I'm even doing my homework for my EKG class (which is difficult since I only have 2.5 days left... I'm in a slacking mode in a major way... although I do enjoy reading EKGs.)
In short, life in the time BC was and is very good.
This settles it. No super-duper fancy Blackberry or iPhone for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Just curious, how did you get this post up? Did you call up Elizabeth and dictate it? Sounds like something a doctor would do. :D
The best phone I have had is the cheap one we got with our last plan. It is simple enough that it works everywhere and nothing goes wrong with it.
See you soon!
laura: I did not enter her post for her. I'm assuming she did it at school, or else had one last hurrah before saying goodbye to the cord. ;)
I rather think my life is peaceful now - AC (after computers). Except I guess I will be computer-less after tomorrow .. so I will be living in BC time with you.
It's true... I posted this at school. I did get my cord, so I'm back online. Although, less frequently now.
Post a Comment