Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day to my Better Half

Seven years ago today
was very romantic,
but in a different way.

Roses, chocolate, and out to dinner...
I felt so lucky,
as you are such a winner.

Now our lives are much more typical.
And although the love is still there,
it's just not as mystical.

But to me our love is even more true,
as you know all of my flaws,
and you see me when I'm blue.

You know me better than ever before.
That's why I wouldn't choose to go back
to the years of yore.

You're cuter than Gerard Butler with your eyes of "toffee" (sorry, it rhymed :),
and you buy me pastries in the morning
to go with my coffee.

So Happy V-Day to my love and hon bun.
I'm in love with you even more,
and you're still the one.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

what a very sweet poem
it made me sniffle
and possibly groan
(though just a little)

*can you hear me giggling all the way over here*

did you mean "days of yore"

happy happy valentine's day, amy and katherine - I love you both! :)

Amy said...

Lovely poem. :) No, I meant years of yore. Days of yore might be just last week or last month. I was going for longer ago than that...

Leanne said...

Happy Valentine's Day to both of you! XOXO

Lorz said...

I wrote a poem for Davin once. It was like six lines. And the day he writes a poem for me...yeah, that will never happen!
That's so sweet of you! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!